1. Where the jobs went – A simple Google search of “lost manufacturing jobs” brought up articles by US News, LA Times, CNN Money, NBC, and many others within the past year. Would a liberal media really want to highlight lost low-skill jobs while Obama is pushing for amnesty for 20 million low-skill illegal immigrants?
2. Upward wealth distribution and/or inequality – Did Daily Kos forget the Occupy Wall Street/We are the 99% nonsense that the MSM covered day and night for a year?
3. ALEC – Liberals have their special interest groups that draft proposed legislation and hand it to legislators, who then submit it and vote on it without reading it (e.g., Obamacare). They have way more than conservatives. I know this first hand as I saw it while working for the Pete Wilson administration.
4. The number of people in prison – Coming to a street corner near you: http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/02/justice/california-inmates-release/index.html
5. The number of black people in prison – A liberal media would conceal this fact, not heavily report it. Reporting it would lead people to believe hate facts.
6. U.S. health costs are the highest in the world – As if PBS never reported this OECD study: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/2012/10/health-costs-how-the-us-compares-with-other-countries.html. Second, the idea is false. To take the average per capita spent on health care and say the “costs” equal that amount is nonsense. U.S. car purchase costs are the highest in the world. Why? Because we’re wealthier so purchases of super cars raises the average, and the average American can afford a better car, so they but a better car. Of course Somalia spends next to nothing on health care. They have crappy health care. Other western nations ration health care so their citizens get less of it, and at worse quality.
7. Glass-Steagall – As if Dodd-Frank never passed.
8. Gerrymandering – Both sides do it shamelessly. Note California isn’t on dipshit’s list. Jerry Brown beat Meg Whitman 54% to 41%, yet Democrats hold over 66% of the state assembly and senate offices.
9. The number of bills blocked by Republicans in Congress – How often did the MSM report that the Democrat-controlled Senate and House failed to pass a budget in 2010 and the Democrat-controlled Senate simply refused to take up Republican-controlled House budget resolutions in 2011 and 2012? That’s right. Never.
10. The Citizens United Supreme Court decision – The MSM heavily reported it when it came out – three and a half years ago. Obama mentioned it in his State of the Union Speech, to which Justice Alito responded (quite correctly) “Not true.” Within the past year, multiple MSM news sources reported Nancy Pelosi’s vow to seek a constitutional amendment overturning the decision. Will the MSM run similar stories on the Liberty Amendments? Of course not. [UPDATE: The Liberty Amendments is the #1 book on Amazon. A simple Google search shows that no MSM outlet has published a story or reviewed the book.]
11. Nixon’s Southern Strategy – The MSM doesn't adequately report on the Presidential election of 1968? Are you kidding me?
12. Tax cuts primarily benefit the wealthy – To accurately report this fact, the MSM would also have to report that the “rich” – which I’ll call the wealthiest 10% – pay more than 70% of all income taxes, and that this percentage has grown over the past 30 years. Also, the bottom 47% don’t pay any income tax whatsoever (another “hate fact” accurately stated by Mitt Romney). When you only tax the productive, a cut in the tax necessarily only benefits the productive.
13. What’s happening to the bees? – Are honey prices sky high? Are agriculture product prices sky high? Is this really one of the top 15 facts the world must know now? The MSM demonizes bees? Bee Movie?
14. The impact of temporary workers on our economy – Does this moron mean illegal immigrants? Or perhaps the fact that 77% of new jobs created in 2013 were part-time in order to escape Obamacare regulations? Yea, a liberal media would totally do an in depth report on that. Not.
15.Media consolidation – Liberals like big media conglomerates that are too big to fail. Liberals like the cozy relationship between the government and General Electric, the parent company of NBC, CNBC and MSNBC. And as if the MSM never, ever mentions the media empire of Rupert Murdoch, or the Koch brothers, or Sheldon Adelson.
The inescapable conclusion is that Daily Kos thinks the media isn’t liberal because it reports liberal lies slightly less often as Daily Kos would like.