Monday, February 27, 2006

Importand first-hand information on the Dubai ports deal from Citizen Smash

When I first heard about the Dubai ports deal, unlike many of my conservative brethren (and liberal opportunists), I had no immediate gut reaction pro or con. (That's because I'm a Bush appologist, you say? Two words: Harriet Miers.) When I stopped to think about it, I realized that there was no way such a deal would not be vetted for its political impact unless the Bush administration was truly incompetent. Not even the left believes the Bush administration is that incompetent (oh sure, they say so, but then claim Karl Rove routinely pulls off the most complex, evil genius conspiracies since Pinky and the Brain).

In short, there has to be some reason Bush is defending the Dubai ports deal. What could that be? I will say that Bush has done a poor job of explaining his support (or a poor job of getting the message out). Regardless, after reading this post by Citizen Smash, I think I understand Bush's support for the deal. You should read the post, too, before making up your mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home